About 90 percent of an iceberg is underwater.
Like an iceberg, what reluctant adopters say may only be 10 percent of what they’re feeling.
For anyone that encourages educators to try something new — especially with tech — there are responses that we often hear …
- I’m not tech-savvy.
- I don’t have the time to learn a new tech tool.
- I tried something new and the kids resisted.
- Students won’t even complete their homework. Why should I worry about using technology in my lessons?
In this #DitchBook Twitter chat, we addressed those concerns and more.
Scroll down to check out a summary of our discussion below.
Want to get in on the next #DitchBook Twitter chat?
- They happen every Thursday at 7 p.m. Pacific / 8 p.m. Mountain / 9 p.m. Central / 10 p.m. Eastern.
- They often run for 30 minutes. Many times, moderators will offer bonus questions for those that want to continue chatting.
- Check out what’s happening on the #DitchBook Twitter chat by clicking here. (Even if you don’t have a Twitter account!)
- New to Twitter? Want to know the basics? Check out my Twitter guide for teachers.
- Want to sign up for Twitter? Here are the directions.
- Having trouble? Still unclear on how a Twitter chat works? Feel free to tweet to these #DitchBook ambassadors and they’ll help — Karly Moura @karlymoura, Sean Fahey @seanjfahey, Sandy Otto @sandyrotto, Rachel Marker @rachelmarker, Evan Mosier @emosier3, Mandi Tolen @TTmomTT, Craig Klement @craigklement, Tara Martin @taramartinedu, Krista Harmsworth @zonie71, Anne Kamper @annekamper, Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm, Lance McClard @drmcclard, or Stephanie DeMichele @sdemichele.
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- follow +MattMiller16 on Google+!
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 01/05/2018||Taylorville CUSD||Taylorville, IL|
|+|| 01/08/2018||Princeville CUSD||Princeville, IL|
|+|| 01/26/2018||Erie 1 BOCES||West Seneca, NY|
|+|| 01/29/2018||Jackson R-2 School District||Jackson, MO|
|+|| 02/02/2018||California League of Schools (DBC)||Monterey, CA|
|+|| 02/07/2018||Ditch That Homework Workshop (Region 8 ESC)||Fort Wayne, IN|
|Venue:||The Summit |
1025 W. Rudisill Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46807
|+|| 02/08/2018||Ditch That Homework Workshop||Mishawaka, IN|
|Venue:||Northern Indiana Educational Service Center (NIESC) |
56535 Magnetic Drive
Mishawaka, IN 46545
|+|| 03/07/2018||Delaware Association of School Admin||2 Skype Presos|
|+|| 03/16/2018||Lake Shore Central School||Angola, NY|
|+|| 06/21/2018||The Suite Life Conference||Washington, IN|
|+|| 08/09/2018||St. Joseph Grade School||South Bend, IN|
|+|| 08/15/2018||St. Anthony de Padua Catholic School||South Bend, IN|