Technology. Brain-friendly learning. Gamification. Happiness.
The topics shared at the Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit — a free online conference for teachers — have been timely and useful.
As this year’s summit is wrapping up (ending on Dec. 31, 2017), participants in the regular Thursday #DitchBook Twitter chat shared their key takeaway points.
Instead of sharing through Twitter as we usually do, we took to Flipgrid to record video reflections instead!
Whether you missed the Digital Summit or want to hear from others that participated, these videos summarize some of the most important points in one engaging format.
Check them out, and feel free to record your own videos and replies!
Question 1: What do you remember most from #DitchSummit?
What ideas, statements, etc. will stick with you most? (Consider this your “brain dump” … it’s a brain friendly way to store information in your long-term memory!)
Question 2: What are you going to do with what you learned at Ditch Summit?
(Or, what could you do with what you’ve heard/seen in this Flipgrid chat?)
Want to get in on the next #DitchBook Twitter chat?
- They happen every Thursday at 7 p.m. Pacific / 8 p.m. Mountain / 9 p.m. Central / 10 p.m. Eastern.
- They often run for 30 minutes. Many times, moderators will offer bonus questions for those that want to continue chatting.
- Check out what’s happening on the #DitchBook Twitter chat by clicking here. (Even if you don’t have a Twitter account!)
- New to Twitter? Want to know the basics? Check out my Twitter guide for teachers.
- Want to sign up for Twitter? Here are the directions.
- Having trouble? Still unclear on how a Twitter chat works? Feel free to tweet to these #DitchBook ambassadors and they’ll help — Karly Moura @karlymoura, Sean Fahey @seanjfahey, Sandy Otto @sandyrotto, Rachel Marker @rachelmarker, Evan Mosier @emosier3, Mandi Tolen @TTmomTT, Craig Klement @craigklement, Tara Martin @taramartinedu, Krista Harmsworth @zonie71, Anne Kamper @annekamper, Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm, Lance McClard @drmcclard, Stephanie DeMichele @sdemichele or David Platt @herrplatt!.
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- check out the Ditch That Textbook YouTube channel
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact us by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 03/30/2018||Taylorville CUSD||Taylorville, IL|
|+|| 04/11/2018||Switzerland County School Corp||Vevay, IN|
|+|| 04/21/2018||Great Expectations||Edmond, OK|
|+|| 04/25/2018||Connect Conference||Niagra Falls, CA|
|+|| 06/01/2018||MSD of Martinsville||Martinsville, IN|
|+|| 06/04/2018||Granbury ISD||Granbury, TX|
|+|| 06/05/2018||Columbus City Schools||Columbus OH|
|+|| 06/06/2018||School City of Mishawaka||Mishawaka, IL|
|+|| 06/12/2018||2nd Annual Learn, Explore, Adopt and Deliver (LEAD) Conference||Cleveland, OH|
|+|| 06/13/2018||InnEdCo||Keystone, CO|
|+|| 06/19/2018||Tyler ISD||Tyler, TX|
|+|| 06/21/2018||Barr-Reeve Jr/Sr High School- Washington Community Schools||Washington, IN|
|+|| 08/09/2018||St. Joseph Grade School||South Bend, IN|
|+|| 08/14/2018||Tech Camp||Portage, Michigan|
|+|| 08/15/2018||St. Anthony de Padua Catholic School||South Bend, IN|