It's something we're always looking for as teachers. Something always holding us back.
Time. We never seem to have enough of it. If we had more of it, we could get more done and do more for our students.
What if we could change our practices in some key areas and buy back some minutes, hours -- even days -- to do more?
Finding those ways to optimize our efficiency was the topic of our recent #DitchBook chat! I'm sure you'll benefit from the ideas as much as I did.
Scroll down to check out a summary of our discussion below.
Want to get in on the next #DitchBook Twitter chat?
- They happen every Thursday at 7 p.m. Pacific / 8 p.m. Mountain / 9 p.m. Central / 10 p.m. Eastern.
- They often run for 30 minutes. Many times, moderators will offer bonus questions for those that want to continue chatting.
- Check out what’s happening on the #DitchBook Twitter chat by clicking here. (Even if you don’t have a Twitter account!)
- New to Twitter? Want to know the basics? Check out my Twitter guide for teachers.
- Want to sign up for Twitter? Here are the directions.
- Having trouble? Still unclear on how a Twitter chat works? Feel free to tweet to these #DitchBook ambassadors and they’ll help — Karly Moura @karlymoura, Sean Fahey @seanjfahey, Sandy Otto @sandyrotto, Rachel Marker @rachelmarker, Evan Mosier @emosier3, Mandi Tolen @TTmomTT, Craig Klement @craigklement, Tara Martin @taramartinedu, Krista Harmsworth @zonie71, Anne Kamper @annekamper, Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm, Lance McClard @drmcclard, Stephanie DeMichele @sdemichele or David Platt @herrplatt!.
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- follow +MattMiller16 on Google+!
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 03/01/2018||Kids ROE||Loves Park, IL|
|+|| 03/07/2018||Delaware Association of School Admin|
|+|| 03/16/2018||Lake Shore Central School||Angola, NY|
|+|| 03/30/2018||Taylorville CUSD||Taylorville, IL|
|+|| 04/21/2018||Great Expectations||Edmond, OK|
|+|| 06/01/2018||MSD of Martinsville||Martinsville, IN|
|+|| 06/04/2018||Granbury ISD||Granbury, TX|
|+|| 06/05/2018||Columbus City Schools||Columbus OH|
|+|| 06/07/2018||School City of Mishawaka||Mishawaka, IL|
|+|| 06/13/2018||InnEdCo||Keystone, CO|
|+|| 06/21/2018||Barr-Reeve Jr/Sr High School- Washington Community Schools||Washington, IN|
|+|| 08/09/2018||St. Joseph Grade School||South Bend, IN|
|+|| 08/14/2018||Tech Camp||Portage, Michigan|
|+|| 08/15/2018||St. Anthony de Padua Catholic School||South Bend, IN|
|+|| 09/24/2018||Alliance for Curriculum Enhancement||Billings, Montana|