Apparently, people love to get PD in their PJ's!
The Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit brought professional development into your living room, on your favorite couch, with slippers and pajamas and coffee (or hot chocolate or tea ... whatever your fancy).
The nine video presentations -- and replays of the nine 2016 presentations -- inspired more than 10,000 educators all over the world and gave them practical ideas for the 2018. (Amazing!)
After the summit closed and videos went offline on January 1, the tweets and emails started coming in.
"I missed the summit and I'm so disappointed!"
"Can you please open the videos up again?"
"I really want to share this with my staff now that school is back in session!"
I hate to disappoint people and would love to see more people experience Ditch Summit.
I'm opening up the Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit back up for a week -- starting on Friday, January 12.
The nine video presentations from 2017 -- and all nine from 2016 -- will be available to watch. That also includes the video notes and the certificates for professional development credit.
Head to DitchSummit.com to get on the list for email updates with links to all of the presentations.
#DitchSummit, a free online conference for teachers, is back Jan 12-18! pic.twitter.com/RooDSU3ESu
Here are the 2017 presentations that will be available to view during the encore:
- When Tech and Pedagogy Collide with Tanya Avrith and Holly Clark
- The Science of Happiness with Kim Strobel
- Brain-Friendly Learning that Works with Dr. Pooja Agarwal
- How in the Google Did You Do That? with Eric Curts
- How to Learn from a World of Educators with Sarah Thomas
- Plan Smarter, Not Harder with Edu-Protocols with Jon Corippo
- How to Make Learning a Game with Michael Matera
- Chromebook Crash Course: What You NEED with Matt Miller
- What Schools Can Learn from Start-Up Culture with Don Wettrick
What have you gained from #DitchSummit? What would you like to see in future summits? Share your ideas in a comment below!
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- check out the Ditch That Textbook YouTube channel
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact us by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 03/01/2018||Kids ROE||Loves Park, IL|
|+|| 03/07/2018||Delaware Association of School Admin|
|+|| 03/16/2018||Lake Shore Central School||Angola, NY|
|+|| 03/30/2018||Taylorville CUSD||Taylorville, IL|
|+|| 04/21/2018||Great Expectations||Edmond, OK|
|+|| 06/01/2018||MSD of Martinsville||Martinsville, IN|
|+|| 06/04/2018||Granbury ISD||Granbury, TX|
|+|| 06/05/2018||Columbus City Schools||Columbus OH|
|+|| 06/07/2018||School City of Mishawaka||Mishawaka, IL|
|+|| 06/13/2018||InnEdCo||Keystone, CO|
|+|| 06/21/2018||Barr-Reeve Jr/Sr High School- Washington Community Schools||Washington, IN|
|+|| 08/09/2018||St. Joseph Grade School||South Bend, IN|
|+|| 08/14/2018||Tech Camp||Portage, Michigan|
|+|| 08/15/2018||St. Anthony de Padua Catholic School||South Bend, IN|
|+|| 09/24/2018||Alliance for Curriculum Enhancement||Billings, Montana|