The Google Teacher Tribe podcast just turned one year old! And if we were going to celebrate it, we’d have to throw a party with the Tribe!
That’s what episode 39 was all about: sharing the best ideas the Tribe had to offer.
Kasey Bell, my co-host from Shake Up Learning, and I turned the show over to YOU, encouraging our listeners to submit short ideas and tips for using Google in the classroom.
And, boy, did the Tribe deliver!
We featured 12 great suggestions, including the following:
- Jen Giffen – Google Drive keyboard shortcuts
- Laura Wheeler – Learning in the loo!
- Karen McKenna – Using a Google Slide deck to post absent work
- Lisa Scumpieru – Numbering assignments in Google Classroom
- Tyler Osborne – Using Google Keep for Tutorials and Feedback
- Joli Boucher – Embedding video in Google Drawings
- Emily Kress – Google App Smashing in a Digital Breakout
- Lance McClard – Stop motion with Google Slides
- Meredith Akers – How to insert GIFs, and create your own with camera using https://andtheniwaslike.co/
- Heidi Adams – Comic strips with Google Drawings
- Pam Hubler – Using speech to text feature, Keep, and Calendar to support Special Education
- Chris Young – Use Google Slides to replicate home screen and apps on an iPad
Listen to the show with this player …
… or click one of the links below to listen:
Google Play: http://subscribeonandroid.com/googleteachertribe.libsyn.com/rss
Full show notes are available at GoogleTeacherTribe.com/39.
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- check out the Ditch That Textbook YouTube channel!
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail! Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 06/01/2018||MSD of Martinsville||Martinsville, IN|
|+|| 06/04/2018||Granbury ISD||Granbury, TX|
|+|| 06/05/2018||Columbus City Schools||Columbus OH|
|+|| 06/06/2018||School City of Mishawaka||Mishawaka, IN|
|+|| 06/07/2018||Lafayette eLearning Conference||Lafayette, IN|
|+|| 06/12/2018||2nd Annual Learn, Explore, Adopt and Deliver (LEAD) Conference||Cleveland, OH|
|+|| 06/13/2018||InnEdCo||Keystone, CO|
|+|| 06/19/2018||Tyler ISD||Tyler, TX|
|+|| 06/20/2018||TransformED Conference||Waco, TX|
|+|| 06/21/2018||Barr-Reeve Jr/Sr High School- Washington Community Schools||Washington, IN|
|+|| 06/24/2018—06/27/2018||ISTE||Chicago, IL|
|+|| 07/24/2018||Regional Math & Science Conference||Amarillo, TX|
|+|| 07/30/2018||Oklahoma City Public School Resource Center||Oklahoma City, OK|
|+|| 08/01/2018||Flipgrid Event + Evening Live Stream||Minneapolis, MN|
|+|| 08/02/2018||Virginia Beach Schools||Virginia Beach, VA|