Google Classroom has helped tons of teachers around the world manage their classrooms and their assignments digitally — and it’s made our lives much easier in many ways.
There are ways, though, that we can make our Google Classroom lives even easier than that!
By employing some time savers in Google Classroom, we can provide feedback, connect with students, share resources and just manage our day-to-day digital lives more efficiently and effectively.
Want to skip to a certain part of the show so you can hear just that?
- Click play in the player below and click on the progress bar under the name of the show. You can skip forward and backward to certain points of the show.
- Use the “back 30” and “forward 30” buttons to jump a little at a time forward and backward in the show.
- Use the time-stamped show notes below to see where to find a certain segment of the show so you can listen to it.
Listen to the show with this player below …
… or click one of the links below to listen:
Google Play: http://subscribeonandroid.com/googleteachertribe.libsyn.com/rss
4:30 — Google news and updates
- All types of Chromebooks for all types of learners
- Tools for every school: G Suite for Education updates
- “Ok Google, read my book”… Introducing audiobooks on Google Play
9:55 — Google Classroom time savers
- (10:30) 3 Chrome Extensions that Make Google Classroom Even More Awesome
- (12:30) Google Classroom time savers (blog post)
- Adjust email notifications
- Keyboard commands
- Open lots of student work at once (Alice Keeler Drive 20)
- Sort posts with topics
- (20:45) Package digital assignments
26:15 — Google Teacher Tribe mailbag
- (26:15) Lissa Brunan (Grand Valley State University): Gives extra credit for students, but in Google Classroom, can’t set points possible to zero … ungraded or at 1. Needs to offer extra credit thru GClass.
- (28:40) Renee Johnson (Oakhurst California): Idea for collaborative project, get students voices out to promote change, brainstorm how to improve school, create a survey, anyone around school gives feedback, students analyze data and use charts, slide presentation for specific person to help make their ideas a reality, later take it to larger community.
32:00 — On the blogs
- Matt – The Voice Typing Challenge: Save time, get things done
- Kasey – 5 Tips to Become a Google Certified Innovator by @edtechmason
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- check out the Ditch That Textbook YouTube channel!
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact us by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 06/01/2018||MSD of Martinsville||Martinsville, IN|
|+|| 06/04/2018||Granbury ISD||Granbury, TX|
|+|| 06/05/2018||Columbus City Schools||Columbus OH|
|+|| 06/06/2018||School City of Mishawaka||Mishawaka, IN|
|+|| 06/07/2018||Lafayette eLearning Conference||Lafayette, IN|
|+|| 06/12/2018||2nd Annual Learn, Explore, Adopt and Deliver (LEAD) Conference||Cleveland, OH|
|+|| 06/13/2018||InnEdCo||Keystone, CO|
|+|| 06/19/2018||Tyler ISD||Tyler, TX|
|+|| 06/20/2018||TransformED Conference||Waco, TX|
|+|| 06/21/2018||Barr-Reeve Jr/Sr High School- Washington Community Schools||Washington, IN|
|+|| 06/24/2018—06/27/2018||ISTE||Chicago, IL|
|+|| 07/24/2018||Regional Math & Science Conference||Amarillo, TX|
|+|| 07/30/2018||Oklahoma City Public School Resource Center||Oklahoma City, OK|
|+|| 08/01/2018||Flipgrid Event + Evening Live Stream||Minneapolis, MN|
|+|| 08/02/2018||Virginia Beach Schools||Virginia Beach, VA|