Getting to the gym. Folding that pile of laundry. Writing a new blog post.Some projects we find easier to get motivated for than others.
The same is true for our students, our fellow educators and ourselves in the classroom.
Motivation has a powerful impact in education. However, increasing motivation is one of the biggest challenges teachers face. We might WANT to do something but finding the motivation to get started can be a whole different story.
How do WE get motivated? Is there a secret key to unlocking our own motivation?
And how can use those strategies and tools to motivate our students and our colleagues?
In a recent #DitchBook Twitter chat moderated by Maury Wood II, we talked all about motivation. Educators shared tips for increasing motivation in the classroom.
Check them out in the summary of this week’s chat below!
Want to get in on the next #DitchBook Twitter chat?
- They happen every Thursday at 7 p.m. Pacific / 8 p.m. Mountain / 9 p.m. Central / 10 p.m. Eastern.
- They often run for 30 minutes. Many times, moderators will offer bonus questions for those that want to continue chatting.
- Check out what’s happening on the #DitchBook Twitter chat by clicking here. (Even if you don’t have a Twitter account!)
- New to Twitter? Want to know the basics? Check out my Twitter guide for teachers.
- Want to sign up for Twitter? Here are the directions.
Having trouble? Still unclear on how a Twitter chat works? Feel free to tweet to these #DitchBook ambassadors and they’ll help — Karly Moura @karlymoura, Sean Fahey @seanjfahey, Sandy Otto @sandyrotto, Rachel Marker @rachelmarker, Evan Mosier @emosier3, Mandi Tolen @TTmomTT, Craig Klement @craigklement, Tara Martin @taramartinedu, Krista Harmsworth @zonie71, Anne Kamper @annekamper, Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm, Lance McClard @drmcclard, Stephanie DeMichele @sdemichele or David Platt @herrplatt!
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- follow +MattMiller16 on Google+!
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 05/19/2018||Texas Google Summit with Kasey Bell||Austin, TX|
|Register to attend|
|+|| 06/01/2018||MSD of Martinsville||Martinsville, IN|
|+|| 06/04/2018||Granbury ISD||Granbury, TX|
|+|| 06/05/2018||Columbus City Schools||Columbus OH|
|+|| 06/06/2018||School City of Mishawaka||Mishawaka, IN|
|+|| 06/07/2018||Lafayette eLearning Conference||Lafayette, IN|
|+|| 06/12/2018||2nd Annual Learn, Explore, Adopt and Deliver (LEAD) Conference||Cleveland, OH|
|+|| 06/13/2018||InnEdCo||Keystone, CO|
|+|| 06/19/2018||Tyler ISD||Tyler, TX|
|+|| 06/20/2018||TransformED Conference||Waco, TX|
|+|| 06/21/2018||Barr-Reeve Jr/Sr High School- Washington Community Schools||Washington, IN|
|+|| 07/24/2018||Regional Math & Science Conference||Amarillo, TX|
|+|| 08/01/2018||Flipgrid Event + Evening Live Stream||Minneapolis, MN|
|+|| 08/02/2018||Virginia Beach Schools||Virginia Beach, VA|
|+|| 08/09/2018||St. Joseph Grade School||South Bend, IN|