The CUE Conference in Palm Springs, California, was phenomenal. More than 10,000 educators from the West Coast and beyond converged to talk about teaching, technology, and making change.
The best part of a conference, of course, are the people that are there.
I took advantage of that and captured some fantastic conversations for YOU on the Ditch That Textbook podcast.
Check out these on-site interviews from the CUE conference!
How you can listen to the Ditch That Textbook podcast
1. On the Anchor app. This is a great place to follow the show so you can quickly and easily call in to the show and listen to it the moment it’s published. Go to anchor.fm for the app and search “Ditch That Textbook” to find and favorite the show. Click here to view the show on Anchor.
2. Right here on the blog. I’m planning on publishing podcast recap posts here every Tuesday. I’ll embed the shows right into the posts. You can listen to them without downloading anything!
3. iTunes / Apple Podcasts. If you have an iPhone, this may be your best option. Click here to find the show on iTunes / Apple Podcasts.
4. Google Play Music. If you have an Android phone, this may be your best option. Click here to find the show on Google Play Music.
March Madness is upon us, and America will be watching lots of college basketball. How can we use this in the classroom? Dave Burgess, author of Teach Like a PIRATE, shares some ideas you can start using right away. (Dave’s Twitter: @burgessdave)
Alice Keeler says there’s something missing from math instruction. It’s dialogue. Math is more than putting your head down and completing problems. She talks about what we can do to change that.
Branding isn’t about making money and being famous. It’s about sharing your story and letting people know what you stand for. Ben Cogswell and Josh Harris share how students and schools can benefit from a little branding.
Can you really produce a whole yearbook with Google Slides? Jennifer Scott’s school did, complete with full color and a fancy cover. The total cost: $10. Plus, she has resources so you can do it, too!
Flipgrid’s short video response platform has taken the education world by storm. What are some of the coolest ways teachers are using it? Flipgrid’s Joey Taralson and Adam Parker-Goldberg share some ideas!
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- follow +MattMiller16 on Google+!
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 05/19/2018||Texas Google Summit with Kasey Bell||Austin, TX|
|Register to attend|
|+|| 06/01/2018||MSD of Martinsville||Martinsville, IN|
|+|| 06/04/2018||Granbury ISD||Granbury, TX|
|+|| 06/05/2018||Columbus City Schools||Columbus OH|
|+|| 06/06/2018||School City of Mishawaka||Mishawaka, IN|
|+|| 06/07/2018||Lafayette eLearning Conference||Lafayette, IN|
|+|| 06/12/2018||2nd Annual Learn, Explore, Adopt and Deliver (LEAD) Conference||Cleveland, OH|
|+|| 06/13/2018||InnEdCo||Keystone, CO|
|+|| 06/19/2018||Tyler ISD||Tyler, TX|
|+|| 06/20/2018||TransformED Conference||Waco, TX|
|+|| 06/21/2018||Barr-Reeve Jr/Sr High School- Washington Community Schools||Washington, IN|
|+|| 07/24/2018||Regional Math & Science Conference||Amarillo, TX|
|+|| 08/01/2018||Flipgrid Event + Evening Live Stream||Minneapolis, MN|
|+|| 08/02/2018||Virginia Beach Schools||Virginia Beach, VA|
|+|| 08/09/2018||St. Joseph Grade School||South Bend, IN|