Thousands and thousands of educators around the world have grown by leaps and bounds professionally by getting connected on Twitter.
Of course, it’s not the app that helps them grow. It’s the connections, ideas and people that they find there.
I’m the same way. I very proudly claim that Twitter saved my teaching career. It gave me a lifeline at a time when I was in a serious rut and was considering leaving the profession.
Thankfully, the education “Twittersphere” is a pretty supportive one! We all like to help each other out and answer questions, and we’re AWESOME sharers.
How can you make the most of Twitter as a teacher? Check out the podcast episode below for four quick tips to help you enjoy your time on Twitter, make the most of it and help others, too.
How you can listen to the Ditch That Textbook podcast
1. On the Anchor app. This is a great place to follow the show so you can quickly and easily call in to the show and listen to it the moment it’s published. Go to anchor.fm for the app and search “Ditch That Textbook” to find and favorite the show. Click here to view the show on Anchor.
2. Right here on the blog. I’m planning on publishing podcast recap posts here every Tuesday. I’ll embed the shows right into the posts. You can listen to them without downloading anything!
3. iTunes / Apple Podcasts. If you have an iPhone, this may be your best option. Click here to find the show on iTunes / Apple Podcasts.
4. Google Play Music. If you have an Android phone, this may be your best option. Click here to find the show on Google Play Music.
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- follow +MattMiller16 on Google+!
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|+|| 06/01/2018||MSD of Martinsville||Martinsville, IN|
|+|| 06/04/2018||Granbury ISD||Granbury, TX|
|+|| 06/05/2018||Columbus City Schools||Columbus OH|
|+|| 06/06/2018||School City of Mishawaka||Mishawaka, IN|
|+|| 06/07/2018||Lafayette eLearning Conference||Lafayette, IN|
|+|| 06/12/2018||2nd Annual Learn, Explore, Adopt and Deliver (LEAD) Conference||Cleveland, OH|
|+|| 06/13/2018||InnEdCo||Keystone, CO|
|+|| 06/19/2018||Tyler ISD||Tyler, TX|
|+|| 06/20/2018||TransformED Conference||Waco, TX|
|+|| 06/21/2018||Barr-Reeve Jr/Sr High School- Washington Community Schools||Washington, IN|
|+|| 06/24/2018—06/27/2018||ISTE||Chicago, IL|
|+|| 07/24/2018||Regional Math & Science Conference||Amarillo, TX|
|+|| 07/30/2018||Oklahoma City Public School Resource Center||Oklahoma City, OK|
|+|| 08/01/2018||Flipgrid Event + Evening Live Stream||Minneapolis, MN|
|+|| 08/02/2018||Virginia Beach Schools||Virginia Beach, VA|