You know that technology can help you to create a more effective and efficient classroom. But with all the options out there, it can be overwhelming.
Time is valuable and you don’t want to waste it.
If you only had some new, practical ideas and tools that you could implement in class tomorrow …
- You would add some engagement and electricity back into class.
- Students could create and connect in ways they hadn’t before.
- With students really plugged in to class, learning would really stick.
Sound familiar? Then this workshop is for you!
About the presenter
Hi, I’m Matt Miller. If you’re familiar with the Ditch That Textbook blog or book, you may already know a little about me.
If not, here are some of the basics:
- More than a decade of experience in the classroom in public schools
- 2014 WTHI-TV Golden Apple Award recipient
- Google Certified Innovator and PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator
- Creator of the popular Ditch That Textbook blog, read by tens of thousands of educators in more than 200 countries
- Author of Ditch That Textbook: Free Your Teaching and Revolutionize Your Classroom
- Presenter/keynote speaker at more than 100 schools, districts and conferences
After running conference sessions, keynotes and workshops for teachers for several years, I’ve learned something …
- Your time is precious and you don’t want to waste it.
- You LOVE great classroom ideas.
- You want to be able to implement them in class right away.
- You don’t want to spend a bunch of time and effort figuring it out yourself.
I’ve got you covered.
The Meaningful Tech Workshop is designed to give you “plug and play” ideas for your classroom.
My goal for this workshop is to equip, inspire and entertain.
It’s anything but the “sit and get” professional development you’ve probably experienced before. You’ll get your hands dirty on your own device, working with the tools and concepts we’ve discussed. That way, you’ll have some practice and can ask questions during the workshop so you’ll be ready to go in class.
We’ll laugh. There will be prize giveaways. You’ll have a great time and your classes will benefit, too!
— Amanda Brown (@Mme_Brown) June 12, 2014
— Mrs. T. (@susantheve) January 13, 2017
— Angela Adzima (@mrsadzima05) August 25, 2016
About The Meaningful Tech Workshop
7138 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas TX 75247
Here’s what you’ll get in The Meaningful Tech Workshop …
- The SIX superpowers of tech in the classroom and how you can harness them
- How to connect your class to the world — on demand or with just a bit of planning
- Creative uses of Google Apps (G Suite) that will unlock exciting new ways for your students to create with your content
- How to “Tech Like a PIRATE” — combining powerful student engagement with free tech to create experiences instead of activities
- The Essential Tech Toolkit for Teachers, a set of digital tools that can enhance practically any classroom
- Some perspective, like the importance of balancing digital with the real world and why using tech for tech’s sake doesn’t help kids
Plus, you’ll get a certificate for six hours of professional learning to turn in to your school or district!
Take the first step … get registered!
Ready to get equipped and inspired to do more in your classroom? Those engaging learning experiences are within reach.
Fill out the form below with your details and click the Continue to Payment button. Pay with a credit card or PayPal. Then mark your calendar for The Meaningful Tech Workshop!
Paying by purchase order? Fill out the form for each participant you’re registering. Then follow the directions for submitting the PO and paying on the confirmation page after you submit information.
Questions? Feel free to email matt@DitchThatTextbook.com and we’ll get right back to you!