Discover AI for Educators
Predictions say that artificial intelligence may change the world more than the iPhone, the internet, or even electricity.
It’s bound to change education. (It already has.) But how?
AI for Educators is a readable guide for educators.
It also paints a picture of the future our students will face -- and provides questions you can help them grapple with.
We can use AI to empower teaching and learning. And it can start today.
AI for Educators
AI isn't science fiction anymore. It's here. It can help us teach. And it can help our students learn.
AI for Educators is a readable, relatable book about the impact of AI on the classroom -- today and in the future. It's super practical, giving you ideas and strategies you can use in class right away.
Teachers will find hope in this book -- hope that AI isn't all about cheating, hope that AI can save them time and empower them to do more, hope that all is not lost.
It's written by Matt Miller, author of six books including Ditch That Textbook. Tens of thousands of educators all over the world have followed his ideas, guidance and wisdom for more than 10 years in his email newsletter, books, social media, and more. His clear, compelling voice makes this a page turner that'll equip you, inspire you, and entertain you.
- Chapter 1: Welcome to the AI Revolution -- Learn what's unique about AI and ChatGPT -- and what it means for teachers and students
- Chapter 2: Imagining the AI-Integrated Classroom -- AI is going to have a real impact on education. And in some ways, it's immediate. Learn what you need to know.
- Chapter 3: Shifting to Accommodate a World with AI -- You can't stop teaching until you wrap your brain around AI. Learn about quick changes you can make right now to adjust.
- Chapter 4: 30 Ways AI Can Support Teaching and Learning -- It gets real here. These ideas can support teaching, learning, lesson planning, and teacher productivity.
- Chapter 5: What Are Cheating and Plagiarism Anymore? -- This is the big question many educators are wrestling with now. Get some perspective and new ways of looking at it.
- Chapter 6: Acting Responsibly in an AI-Integrated World -- What questions should we be asking? How can we act ethically to avoid creating a dystopian novel? This chapter gets you thinking.
- Chapter 7: Preparing Students for an AI-Integrated World -- What does the future world look like with AI in it? And how do we get students ready? Learn how to get ready for your students' sake.
- Chapter 8: Taking Bold Steps Toward the Future -- What do we do now? This chapter helps you know what steps to take once you've learned more about AI and its implications on education.
Welcome to the AI Revolution!
For our students’ sake, to prepare them for the future, we can’t look at the world through “today glasses.”
We must use our “tomorrow glasses.”
What does an AI-integrated classroom look like?
Artificial intelligence is growing by leaps and bounds. It's no longer science fiction anymore!
Lots of AI tools can serve as our own personal assistants -- answering questions, helping us write text, create images, speak more effectively, and more.
Teachers can find AI tools that are ready to help them out right now. Lots of them are free or have "freemium" plans with limited free options.
How can we adapt as AI changes?
Now we know there's an AI product that students can use to do their assignments. And we can't block it. And maybe we feel powerless.
What do we do tomorrow? How do we write lesson plans knowing that this exists -- so that students continue learning right now and don't just turn in answers from a bot?
How can we implement AI in schools responsibly? How can we set policies fairly? This story can give us some guidance.
In this post, we'll look at this school's reaction to students' use of AI -- and some steps we all can take to move forward in a positive direction.
30 Ways AI Can Support Teaching and Learning
What Are Cheating and Plagiarism Anymore?
If AI tools are everywhere -- and they're only going to get better -- they'll be a vital part of the workforce when students progress through school and graduate.
So our definitions will have to morph.
The question is ... where will we draw the line?
Acting Responsibly in an AI-Integrated World
Recommendation on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence by UNESCO
Preparing Students for an AI-Integrated World
Taking Bold Steps Toward the Future
This Google Applied Digital Skills lesson gives your students the opportunity to discover AI in daily life and try some AI tools as they learn.
Available NOW on AMAZON
Get your copy TODAY!
what people say
TAKE THE AI FOR EDUCATORS ONLINE COURSE!
Learning Strategies, Teacher Efficiencies, and a Vision for an Artificial Intelligence Future
ABOUT THE COURSE
- This course is currently offered asynchronously.
- Watch four one-hour video sessions.
- Get tons of helpful resources. You'll get lesson ideas, videos, downloadable PDFs, and more.
- It's interactive! You can comment during the video sessions and read responses from other who have taken the course.
- Upon completion, you'll get a certificate of completion for five (5) hours of professional development credit.
- Keep the course materials (videos, resources, etc.) forever. No expiration.
For our students’ sake, to prepare them for the future,
we can’t look at the world through “today glasses.”
We must use our “tomorrow glasses.”
AI FOR EDUCATORS