I’m excited to tell you about a great conference you can attend in your pajamas from the comfort of your own couch!
In December, you can take part in the Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit. It’s an online conference that features nine presentations from educators who are doing amazing things in technology, pedagogy, inquiry and more.
We have some fantastic speakers, including:
- two Global Teacher Prize finalists,
- a New York Times best-selling author,
- state and national teachers of the year, and
- creators of some amazing blogs and online resources for teachers.
Each presenter brings a ton of value, inspiration and encouragement. I know you’ll finish this digital summit ready to do new, exciting things in your classroom.
The best part about this event? It’s totally free. No cost whatsoever.
All you have to do is sign up.
Here’s what you need to know about the digital summit:
- A new video will be released every day from December 16-24. You’ll be able to find them on the speakers’ pages at DitchSummit.com.
- From December 25-31, the videos will stay visible so you can catch up with any that you miss.
- After December 31, the summit will be closed and the videos will disappear.
Why late December?
- It’s during winter break here in the United States, and it’s a time when many teachers recharge and get ready for a new semester (or new calendar year).
- The new year is a time for making new plans and setting new goals.
- If you’re on break, you don’t have papers to grade, classes to teach and meetings to attend! A little extra time will make this the perfect opportunity.
The speaker list is unbelievable. I brainstormed some of the most inspiring, innovative educators I could imagine and asked them to be part of this event … and thankfully, pretty much everyone I asked said yes!
Check out this lineup (and click on a name to go to the speaker page for that presentation):
- Dec. 16 (Fri) — Mike Soskil, 2015 Global Teacher Prize Top 10 Finalist
- Dec. 17 (Sat) — Kasey Bell, Google Certified Trainer and Creator of ShakeUpLearning.com
- Dec. 18 (Sun) — Alice Keeler, Google Certified Innovator, Author of “50 Things You Can Do with Google Classroom”
- Dec. 19 (Mon) — Dave Burgess, Author of New York Times Bestseller “Teach Like a PIRATE”
- Dec. 20 (Tue) — The Hyperdocs Girls (Lisa Highfill, Kelly Hilton and Sarah Landis)
- Dec. 21 (Wed) — John Spencer, Professor of Educational Technology, Co-Author of “Launch”
- Dec. 22 (Thur) — Skype Master Teachers (Jed Dearybury, Gina Ruffcorn and Dyane Smokorowski)
- Dec. 23 (Fri) — Paul Solarz, 2015 Global Teacher Prize Top 50 Finalist, Author of “Learn Like a PIRATE”
- Dec. 24 (Sat) — Noah Geisel, 2013 ACTFL Teacher of the Year, Educational Consultant
I hope you’ll sign up, and I hope I’ll see you at the Ditch That Textbook Digital Summit starting on December 16.
But I also hope that you’ll share this free event with others. There are great ideas and inspirational content in every presentation. I’d love to reach as many educators around the globe as possible!
Question: Any questions about the event? What do you think about it and the presenters? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
- like Ditch That Textbook on Facebook
- follow @jmattmiller on Twitter
- check out the #DitchBook community on Twitter
- follow Ditch That Textbook on Pinterest
- follow +MattMiller16 on Google+!
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
|Show-Me Curriculum Administrators Association SMCAA||Osage Beach, Missouri|
|Sedalia School District||Sedalia, MO|
|Goshen Local Schools||Goshen, OH|
|Venue:||Christo's Banquet Center |
830 Lincoln Hwy E
Plymouth, IN 46563