GO TO: DitchThatTextbook.com/sketch
About the presenter:
Matt Miller has taught for more than a decade, integrating technology to engage students and create unique learning experiences. He created the Ditch That Textbook blog, is a Google Certified Teacher and co-hosts a podcast on the BAM Radio Network.
Matt’s book, Ditch That Textbook, was recently published. It’s all about upgrading your classroom with powerful technology and innovative mindsets to meet students in the 21st-century world where they live.
Buy a copy of Ditch That Textbook on Amazon, or don’t wait — get a copy from Matt for $20, cheaper than the Amazon price. He’ll sign it and throw in a Ditch That Textbook laptop sticker for free!
Matt travels around Indiana and the United States to present at schools, workshops, conferences or any other professional development event. Ask him about it in person or email him at matt@DitchThatTextbook.com.
Great sketchnoting resources:
- Sylvia Duckworth’s sketchnoting manifesto on Google Presentations
- Sylvia Duckworth’s Adobe Draw tutorial slides
- Karen Bosch’s Digital Sketchnotes 101 SlideShare
- Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano (Langwitches) Sketchnoting for Learning SlideShare
- Carrie Baughcum — Sketchnoting: I Just Don’t Know How to Start
Matt’s posts on sketchnoting and sketchnote-related ideas:
- About “picture superiority effect” and why bullet points don’t work
- Sketchnoting 101, for those with little artistic talent
- How sketchnoting has changed my thinking as a teacher
- Visual notetaking and focusing on big ideas
Carrie Baughcum’s sketchnoting for beginners video:
Other visual notetaking resources: