When learning is addictive, kids want to come back for more. But how do we create lessons that keep kids engaged and excited? In this week’s episodes of the Ditch that Textbook podcast we get a one-two punch of practical advice, tips, and resources from two amazing educators.
Brian Romero Smith Sr. shares his advice and tips for creating an environment where kids want to learn for learning’s sake. Creating that addictive learning environment all comes down to a few things, Brian says, and he shares them with us.
We also hear from Sean Fahey who shares some best practices for making learning fresh and engaging with HyperDocs. Sean shares tips, tricks, and tools for getting started using HyperDocs or for taking your lessons to the next level.
Scroll down to hear these episodes below!
1. On the Anchor app. This is a great place to follow the show so you can quickly and easily call in to the show and listen to it the moment it’s published. Go to anchor.fm for the app and search “Ditch That Textbook” to find and favorite the show. Click here to view the show on Anchor.
2. Right here on the blog. I’m planning on publishing podcast recap posts here every Tuesday. I’ll embed the shows right into the posts. You can listen to them without downloading anything!
3. iTunes / Apple Podcasts. If you have an iPhone, this may be your best option. Click here to find the show on iTunes / Apple Podcasts.
4. Google Play Music. If you have an Android phone, this may be your best option. Click here to find the show on Google Play Music.
5. Overcast and Pocketcasts. If you use these platforms or would like to, click here to find the show on Overcast or click here to find it on Pocketcasts.
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
[getnoticed-event-table scope=”upcoming” max=”15″ expanding=”false”]
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.